What to Look for Before Buying a New Home Air Conditioner
Although the use of air conditioners is widely shared in various residential and office environments, many people still want to buy or replace a home air conditioner. Because of the variety of models and brands that have entered the market, if we do not have enough information in this area, we may be confused when buying an air conditioner. So before buying from the market, we need to get information about the air conditioner buying guide so that you can have a cheap and excellent purchase.
Here we have tried to list the tips that you will encounter when shopping or will make your questions. With this list, you can have the best choice without being influenced by sellers and even some ignorant people.
Unit for measuring the capacity of air conditioners
BTU (British thermal unit) is a unit of measurement of split capacity that indicates the amount of cooling or heating of the device per unit time. This does not mean that the cold or hot temperature of the air conditioner, but the amount of cold air that enters the environment. The first step is to calculate the space of your home or workplace that need to be cooled and then choose a home air conditioner with a suitable BTU, which is known in the market by numbers such as 12000, 18000, 24000, etc.
Consider the energy level of the air conditioner
Yes, be sure! EER stands for Energy Efficiency Ratio. From this criterion, it can be understood how much electrical energy the air conditioner converts into the cold—the higher the EER, the better the cooling device. The combination of a higher EER and a better inverter in a home air conditioner can make a high-efficiency electrical device.
The volume of the air conditioner
Look for a home air conditioner with minimal noise. The sound of the air conditioner is one of the factors that should be taken into account when buying. But how do we know how loud the air conditioner is? It is effortless to pay attention to the number of decibels (dB) of the air conditioner; a lower index means less noising. All manufacturers state this number in their product catalogues.
Types of home air conditioners
Split air conditioner
The split home air conditioner is divided into two parts, one part inside the room and the other outside the engine or compressor to be used in an environment away from the panel installation with minimal noise. Of course, a wall-mounted air conditioner takes up more space than the window and portable air conditioners outside the environment.
- Cheaper and easier to install
- Better options for small homes or single rooms
- They are not efficient for cooling large environments
Portable Air Conditioner
Portable air conditioner, unlike a split air conditioner, consists of one device and does not have an outer part. This type of air conditioner is mostly used in public places such as stores. Those who cannot install window or split air conditioners in their homes also use this type of air conditioner.
- They can be easily moved around the house.
- They do not require any permanent installation.
- Such units are noisy during operation.
- Cooling larger rooms is a problem.
Window Air Conditioner
The window air conditioner is designed to cool small rooms. In this model of air conditioner, all parts including condenser, evaporator, compressor and cooling coil, are placed in one box. Also, in the window air conditioner, cold air enters from the inside, and hot air is transferred from the external part of the device to the outside.
- They are less costly & easy to install.
- Easy to maintain.
- They will produce large noise during operation.
- They have to be installed in the wall where is close to a suitable electrical outlet.
What to look for before buying a new home air conditioner?
– The area size to cool: One of the most critical components that you should pay attention to when buying a home air conditioner is the dimensions and area of the desired location. The larger the size of the house and room, the more influential the device needs to cool the space. For example, you can never cool a large expanse of 80 meters with a small portable air conditioner, and conversely, to cool a small room, a high-power air conditioner will not be beneficial.
– Home and wall materials: Another essential factor is to consider the quality and materials of the house. For example, old brick houses retain heat compared to newer residential complexes. They use unique chemical compounds in the walls and paints designed to reflect heat.
– The type you prefer: Panel design is critical. The only thing you see after installing a home air conditioner is its panel. The role of an air conditioner panel can be compared to a shop window. The beauty of the air conditioner panel makes you enjoy the product you bought more. So try to choose the cooler with the most beautiful board available according to your budget.
– Installation cost: A professional installer must install all air conditioners. This point ensures that everything is done correctly and you are under the manufacturer’s warranty unless your system is portable. Therefore, considering installation costs is also one of the selection factors.
Most air conditioner manufacturers also offer an installation service that can often be discounted by purchasing the device. However, this may always be the cheapest option. How much you pay depends on factors such as where you live, the type of system you have installed, and ease of use.
– Noise level: Buy an air conditioner that produces less noise. Being quieter allows you to relax and unwind during a party or, more importantly, during sleep. Do not forget to pay attention to the number of decibels (dB) of the air conditioner when buying.
Aiwa has always strived to provide quality, yet affordable home air conditioners to the masses. In this regard, Aiwa home air conditioners regarding split air conditioners, portable air conditioners, and window air conditioners have been able to shine well around the world from the past to the present. If you want to be part of a global Aiwa family, Aiwa welcome the chance to service you.